Monday, June 2, 2008

We're in contract!

They accepted our counter offer. They just wanted the mirror above the fireplace (!?!) Of all things. I don't love to part with it - but it's just a THING! I got it a BBW sample sale for $50, so there's no way we can replace it for that cost - but who cares. We probably won't have a fireplace like this again while we're in Europe anyway.

I was joking with Bas about how it feels strange to have someone "pilfer" your belongings - you know we already agreed to give them the bookshelves in the basement, and the wicker furniture on the screen porch - and I said, maybe we should see if they want the family portraits, too? But whatever, like I said - it's just stuff - and we're happy to have this load lifted off our shoulders.

I have had faith all along that it would happen, but, I am grateful to know that we will be saving the time and cost to make it happen that much sooner.

So just pray that we don't have issues with the inspection!!

No comments: