Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ohio Ecoli outbreak...

So I heard on the radio today that we officially have an Ecoli outbreak here in central Columbus. They even cited that it began with a "Gahanna Woman" who died in late May. That was my friend and co-worker Nancy Edgar, who's funeral I attended just a couple weeks ago. Apparently, now it has affected other people as well, and they are trying to find the source. I think they said that there has been 11 other cases.

I have been making my latest favorite salad with bagged lettuce. I think I may go buy a salad spinner, so that I can wash and dry it well - I'll admit it - when it comes pre-cut and in a bag, I don't clean it. I have no idea whether that is what this is related to - but, I will certainly be more careful in the future!

I believe Nancy was 52. She had a husband and sone of 17, who was just about to graduate from high school. Below is her obit.

http://columbus.backpage.com/Events/edgar_nancy_e_edgar_age_52_passed_away_after_a_/classifieds/ViewAd?oid=549964

No comments: