Friday, June 13, 2008

My favorite summer salad (super easy)

so my mom asked about my favorite salad that I mentioned in the June 11th post...

I fell in love with wedge salads last year when I was pregnant. But this year I've made them even easier to make (not that they're not easy to make as an original wedge.)

Either get iceburg heads and slice them into wedges or get bagged iceburg (my newest development) either way, they last well, and are quick and easy to prepare!

Shaved parmesian ( alternate ingredient would be blue cheese) - I find a container of shaved parmesian lasts at least a week for me alone.

Crumbled bacon bits - I get Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon 50% less fat -lasts several weeks.

Tomato - dice em up. (not lately, I threw them all awy due to the salmonella outbreak.)

Then add dressing - I prefer buttermilk ranch (butermilk is good for you) but blue cheese or any white creamy dressing will do.

So using bagged iceburg has really sped it up for me this year - so it's speedy and fast, and th eingredients are easy to keep on hand.

No comments: