Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pile City

It's getting crrraaaaazy around here...

The first couple weeks I was home I kept the place spotless. I'm more like my sister than I thought. :) But then, as my list kept getting longer, even as I was attempting to cross things off - it became clear that there would be no relaxing pool days for me! And as the deal for the house firmed up the piles started.

And now we're in pile city. Since I have to:

1. pack for MT vacation before 7/1
2. prepare items and clothing to go in air shipment 5 days after we return from vacation
3. figure out what will go into our suitcases for final trip to Germany on 7/18
4. get all the documentation together for the closing, scan it and get it to the title company
5. manage getting the rest of the "request to remedy" work done before we leave 7/1
6. vacuum all the rugs
7. mow the lawn before we go on vacation
8. get the laudry done before we go on vacation
9. pack for vacation
10. pick up the dry cleaning
11. polish the silver
12. shred un-needed documents
13. buy a bike and a grill
14. schedule bulk pick-up for old grill
15. re-organize file system, fill firebox and identify documents we hand carry
16. go pick up wedding albums (finally!)
17. go consult with financial advisor regarding 401 (k) rollovers
18. drop off car for body work
19. Go on vacation YAY!
20. Un-pack.
21. Do laundry
22. Pick up medical records.
23. Pay final bills.
24. Organize and separate storage room items for storage vs. Germany shipments.
25. Organize and separate garage items for storage vs. Germany shipments.
26. Label all items in house with post-its directing movers for Storage/Stay/Air Ship/ or Germany.
27. Take pictures of all items in house.
28. Get copies of keys, so I can hand them over and lock the house..
29. Pick up car.
30. Pack for Germany.
31. Close on house.
32. Manage movers.
33. Clean house.
34. Cancel all utilities that can't be done ahead of time.
35. Get to the airport and get out of here!!

And of course this is all with 5 meals and 3 nursings a day for Luna!! Good news is she is finally going down for naps again. (For a whopping 30 minute max!) We'll see what happens when the whole world turns on end for her again!!

Don't get me wrong, I'M NOT COMPLAINING!!! I'm so excited about this, and very happy to be getting this vacation with family. But whew! What a list - and of course I haven't mentioned all the stuff we already got crossed of!!

So anyway - we're in pile city, and it's just going to get worse, especially since I have to make it easy for the movers to know what's going where!

No comments: