Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tunnelling out of Pile City.


I spent at least 3 hours earlier today figuring out what files needed to go into our suitcases, or into the (new) firebox, and what needed to be shredded. After shredding about 2 hours worth, I finally finished up! Whew!

But then there was this whole box in the basement left over from when I lived in NYC which still had to be dealt with. Fortunately, most of those accounts are already closed, so they were trash - but check out this pile of pay stubs from my time at Limited Brands, from before they converted to E-statements. I will have to shred them one-by-one, because they contain my SSN - AND they are several layers thick, and the paper is so thick that they will certainly jam the shredder otherwise. I've cleared two paper jams from the shredder today already, and i don't want to do it again!!

No comments: