Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!


We didn't bring our decorating stuff for the 4th (bunting, flags, etc.) from the states, we left it in storage - so I had to get creative.  Made these firecrackers out of paper.  Loved the way they looked on the table runner you made me Mom!


Some balloons, streamers and sidewalk chalk did the rest.



Bas and I made a corn-hole game for the event, but I have a feeling it will come in handy in the future!





Luna was decked out in red, white and blue of course, but had to put on the tutu swimsuit Gramma sent as soon as she saw the pool!


We had a quite a mix celebrating the 4th with us today... 5 American families, 2 British families, a Greek / Welsh family, a Dutch / Danish family and our German neighbors! (Hope I didn't leave anyone out!) 



The cook... sporting his "Holland" hat in support of his team!




Everybody loved the pies Mom - especially the peach (your recipes!)


Love this picture!



What a life!










Thought this was an adorable shot, too...












And sorry John, your eyes were closed, but I still love this picture!

2 comments:

Amanda Clarke said...

Thank you for a fantastic afternoon. I love your photos!

Amanda Clarke said...

Lovely pistures of a lovely afternoon, thanks for all your hard work xxxx