Friday, April 16, 2010

A Day at the Zoo...

It was a beautiful day again yesterday, so the whole gang went to the zoo.  Some of the kids even stayed home from school!  Bas got me a new lens for my Birthday, and had it shipped to my sister's house, so it was the perfect opportunity to try it out!  The lens is a Tamron 18-270 mm, F/3.5-6.3 DiII VC, which means it will replace both my regular lens, and my zoom - which will be perfect for all of the traveling we do!  I'm very excited about it!





The boys found a goose to chase...



Never would have gotten this level of zoom with my regular lens!




The cheetah's were right next to the Kudu's, and they were keeping a close eye on that tasty lunch, just beyond their reach!




Here is Jacob being a bit "shy" with Luna...







After we saw the gorillas, Jacob decided he needed to roar like one!  Luna thought that was a bit odd...


This guy is bigger that he looks, see below for a shot with frame of reference!






The two shots below show the full range of the lens... this one is shot at 200 mm.


And this one is opened up to 18 mm.






















1 comment:

Linda said...

You got some really great shots! Love it.