Friday, October 23, 2009

Hiding Hotdogs

Luna's lunch lately has been several hotdogs in succession. Not cooked, straight out of the package, and not in her chair (as usual.) But hey, if I can get her to eat, I let her do it anyway she wants!

Anyway, today she was on her second hot dog, and she came into the kitchen while I was trawling Facebook, and said "Dog Buikje!" (Dutch - pronounced Bauchee, and means tummy.)

So I was like "Yeah? - did you eat your hot dog?" And then, as she patted her tummy, it occurred to me that she doesn't know that when you eat something it goes into your tummy! Something seemed fishy! So, upon further investigation, I discovered that she had stuffed the hot dog down the front of her turtleneck onesie! Very clever little girl! But that's not eating!

So after extricating the hot dog I went back to checking FB statuses, and a couple minutes later, I feel something cold and clammy being placed up underneath my sweater onto my lower back. Yep, now the game had evolved into stuffing hot dogs into Mama's shirt! And now the hot dog was in several pieces, so we got to do this several times! Yay! Nothing like a hot dog in your pants!

I can't imagine what her teen-age years hold in store for us!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Luna's got a GREAT sense of humor! :)