Thursday, October 22, 2009

Entertaining

Tonight some of Bas's colleagues from work are coming over for dinner. We're having a barbecue, and it's "bring your own meat!" We'll be serving for 8, so fortunately I only have to do all the side dishes. And fortunately Luna is in kiga this morning so I was able to get teh upstairs cleaned this morning (I did downstairs yesterday.) So this afternoon will be side dish prep.

I'm making:

cream cheese corn (this should be interesting - first time I'm doing it with canned corn and not frozen - will be a good trial run for Thanksgiving and Christmas!)

mashed potatoes with cheddar and sour cream
cucumbers in a dill dressing
garlic bread

and as a starter - chips and camembert, artichoke dip

dessert - assorted cookies (I wanted to get something nice from the bakery, but they had nothing today!)

I'll let you know how it went!

No comments: