Tuesday, August 19, 2008

IWG - International Women's Group

I decided to check out an Internation Women's Group here in herzo which I found about in the relocation information. They have a coffee every month, and so I contacted the woman who was hosting yesterday to get directions - and she said that I was the first person who had RSVP'd - so i was a little woried that the group wasn't what I was expecting, but I just got back from the coffee. It was very nice, and Karin, who is the president of the women's group was there. Sure enough - everybody is on vacation. She said that normally it is around 10 women.

They have an event coming up in September to start organizing a charity fundraiser. The fundraiser will be a ball on October 11th. Think that will be lots of fun! I was just thinking this morning that it was a pity I don't have any reasons to get dressed up anymore. Husbands are invited of course. They also told me about lots of activities for children, such as a toddler gymnasium and swimming lessons - which will be good for the winter. And they also told me about German lessons that you can sign up for which is paid for by the federal government. Since Adidas will pay for lessons at first, I can probably do that twice a week after the Adidas lessons run out!

They also had great resources for finding a babysitter, so that will be a great help, too!

SO sounds like there will be plenty to get involved in - I plan to fill out the registration and become a member!

Here is a link to their website... http://www.womensgroup.de/

No comments: