Friday, August 15, 2008

I threw together this pasta tonight - and thought it was worth writing about!

Bas doesn't like pasta much, so it's been forever since I made some. I use to eat it once a week - at least, but I spose we're better off without it! But i had a hankering for it tonight, and so decided - while we were at the store, to make it. Finding all the ingredients was again a challenge. Bas doesn't understand why it takes me so long at the grocery store here, and I keep trying to explain that not only do I not know where anything is - I don't know WHAT anything is. It took me 10 minutes to find the goat cheese - just looking on one rack. Turns out it is "frischkase" - figured that out because I finally found a brand with a picture of a goat on it!!

Anyway - thought this was very nice and fresh, and had a nice mix of flavors... and in a normal grocery store would be very quick to grab the ingredients if you don't already have them at home!

1 zuchinni, sliced
1 container fresh mushrooms, sliced
butter or olive oil
garlic paste
1 can whole peeled tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato puree, paste, sauce - whatever you call it or can find...
i can or jar of chopped black olives
italian sausage or soft, thinly sliced pepperoni
penne pasta
goat cheese

put butter or olive oil in non-stick soup or sauce pan with garlic paste over medium heat. Let melt, brown, etc. Add zuchinni and mushrooms - let brown or soften. Add meat and cook through. Add olives. Once heated through - add all cans of tomato - diced, whole and puree. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat. Add salt to taste (I used a lot) and more garlic paste. Let simmer while boiling water for pasta.

Boild water for pasta, add noodles and cook.

Once noodles are ready, and served with sauce, add a dollop of goats cheese to top each plate. Yum!!

No comments: