Thursday, April 28, 2011

Budapest Souvenirs

Admittedly, this is for my lady friends...  who can understand and appreciate what this means for my kitchen... :)

I collect blue and white "stuff" for my kitchen... some of it Dutch Delft inspired, some of it just kind of old-fashioned and "kitcheny," and increasingly... stuff we find on our travels.  I try to stick with items that can be hung on the walls, but have some items which sit on a shelf as well...

We also collect black and white prints from as many cities as we can find them in...  believe it or not, there are many places which only have colored ones...  This is something my parents did when they lived in Europe, and I always liked it...

SO here are our finds...  A print with Hungarian Parliament, a blue and white tin of Hungarian paprika (they cook everything with it...) a ceramic relief tile with Hungarian dancers - the white one which looks kind of like a mold, and a lovely blue and white ceramic plate.  Pretty good, for I think about 30 Euros? 35?



No comments: