Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holiday Open House

Well, we have 3 inches of snow, the house is clean, and the groceries are purchased, so I believe we are ready for our Christmas Open House tomorrow...

We'll be having 7 families (perhaps more or less...) which makes 18 adults and 17 kids. (!) We got Ice Age 3 for the kids to watch in the basement, although I think it will be pretty interesting to see what that room likes like when they're done with it!

We also asked everyone to either bring finger food or something sweet, but we're still serving up some real goodies... here's what's on the menu:

Glühwein
Hot Buttered Rum
Relish Tray & Veggies
Artichoke and Camembert Dip
Salsa and Cream Cheese Dip
Hot Cheese and Broccoli Dip (Family Tradition)
Gruyere & Tomato Mustard Pastries
Bruschetta
Popovers with Wild Mushroom Sauce (muffins with a scrumptious mushroom, shallot, sherry and cream sauce - thank you Martha Stewart!)

and I also did a tray of cookies, and a gift basket for each family with cookies and a loaf of cranberry but bread.

Am I crazy? Yes, but I love entertaining at Christmas! It doesn't get any less crazy next week either, because I still have to finish Christmas Cards (I've given up on them at this point...) finish gift baskets for those not attending our party, drive to my Aunt and Uncle's to pick up packages from my parents, make Christmas Stockings and finally - wrap gifts! All by Thursday... something tells me I'll be sewing those stockings on Thursday!

We're still planning to see if we can pick up a last minute vacation on the 28th, and something tells me we'll be ready for one! And I'm hoping the temperature stays below freezing, so that not only will we have a white Christmas - maybe after all this craziness we can figure out how to go sledding!

No comments: