Friday, April 17, 2009

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Almonds and Honey Recipe

So if you're like me - you're over your childhood dislike of Brussels Sprouts, but every time you go to make this very nutritious vegetable for dinner, you wonder why you don't have a good recipe for them. And then you end up steaming them the same old way, and trying to spruce up their bitter taste with salt and butter...

I tried this recipe from my new favorite cookbook - Martha Stewart's "The New Classics". Super yummy, and pretty easy to boot!

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Almonds and Honey

3 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (I used one bag frozen and just let them thaw in my fridge all day - they were still a bit frozen when I put them in the oven and they turned out fine.)
1 stick unsalted, melted butter
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons honey
juice of 1 lemon

1. preheat oven to 400. Place the sprouts, butter and almonds on a rimmed baking sheet (i used a casserole dish.) Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Roast, stirring, until sprouts are golden brown and tender, about 40 minutes.

2. Transfer to a serving bowl; immediately dress with the honey and lemon juice (I whisked these together first,) and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.