Wednesday, April 22, 2009

London Days 3 & 4

On Easter we went to The Ritz for lunch. The Ritz is known for it's afternoon tea, but we went for lunch. After snapping these pictures we were informed that you can't take pictures inside, so this is it. It was a real treat - probably my favorite part of the trip.

At the end of our meal, we disocvered that the President of the Ritz was seated at the table next to us. He had a special Ritz Teddy Bear sent over for Luna, and then when his family showed up for their private dinner in the next room, Luna had fun playing with their daughter Daisy.





Here it is on the outside.








The next day we went to the zoo. Here's Luna on the carousel.





Look Luna, it's your Personal Penguin... !

The meerkats were fun...

This little baby was so cute!

I love these giraffe doors!





Leaving the tube at Covent Garden.



Covent Garden... Eliza Doolittle is in there somewhere... hear her? "I ain't done nothin' wrong by speaking to the gentleman. I've a right to sell flowers if I keep off the kerb. I'm a respectable girl: so help me, I never spoke to him 'cept so far as to buy a flower off me."




And that afternoon we went to the British Museum. It's unbelieveable how much they have here from other countries - from when the Brits ruled all their colonies...


The Rosetta Stone...




They have more of the Parthenon than there is in Athens, I think...






The Black Obelisk - which dates from 825 BC, and has the earliest known depiction of an Israelite.





The maids arranged Luna's friends nicely on the bed...


And Luna figured out how to put on her own pants!


No comments: