Saturday, January 24, 2009

German Chocolate Chips...

Many of you know that I am still figuring out how to bake over here... you saw my post on the cookies I made and "baking powder."
Well, I didn't get into the chocolate chips... chocolate chip cookies are such a mainstay of American childhood that it was the one thing I started worrying about long before we ever got here. I just want to be able to make chocolate chip cookies for Luna! Well, the good news is that we can get chocolate chips... the bad news is the price and volume by which they are available. I think a standard chocolate chip cookie recipe calls for like 4 cups, and I know my new favorite brownie recipe is about the same... well, here's a picture of what we can get here. I included the banana in the picture for reference... and each of these boxes is 1.99 euros - (keep the exchange rate in mind. :))



No comments: