Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fun Day

Hey All-

had a fun day today. Now that I'm home, I've been scanning in fabrics I have around the house to use for my blog backgrounds. I can't really use anything new because of copyright concerns, so I've been scrounging for old linens I have that are appropriate. So I decided to go to Neustadt a.d. Aisch to pop into an "antiquaten" I had noticed there. Well, when got there I didn't see it from the road, and Luna was asleep. Neustadt is on the way to Rothenberg, which is about 45 miles away - so I just drove to Rothenberg! Rothenberg is a really quaint old town that still has the entire medieval old town wall circling the city, and tiny little streets and gates that you have to drive through. I was there when I was a kid, and remember it because I ran down the street barking like a dog, and my father asked (in German) a stranger we passed, if he had "seen our dog?"

Anyway - Luna was sleeping, so I just drove on, and when I got there, she was still sleeping, so I just kind of drove around and checked it out. Will be very excited to go back when the weather is better, and we can get out and explore.

So then I just turned around and drove back! And on the way back, not only did I find the store I was looking for, but another store as well. No really exciting finds today, but good places to stop back by! I'd like to find a little antique trunk to keep Luna's toys in in our living room, an old butter churn, and a wooden plate that says "Unsere Taglich Brot, Gib Uns Heute." It will be fun to look again - but when it's warmer. Both stores were in old barns and FREEZING!!

No comments: