Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pay attention to this chicken recipe!!

So, I've seen a couple recipes lately with chicken and buttermilk. On a couple of shows they specifically talked about how lean the buttermilk was, and how good it was at tenderizing and moisturizing chicken.

But most of the recipes were for fried chicken. So when I was in the store today, and saw some buttermilk, I decided to go for it anyway, even though I knew we ouldn't be frying it!

So I got home and put the chicken in a pan with some buttermilk, and then i added some seasoning salt that Bas bought, certainly not any fancy herbs or anything! I think it was salt, paprika and pepper based - just some barbecue seasoning. And then I let it sit for a couple hours - turning it once, and then I threw it on our electric, counter-top "grill." 5 minutes each side, and it was GREAT. I could totally tell the effect the buttermilk had on it!

Perhaps this is a trick you already knew? Not me!! If not you,too - ENJOY!!

No comments: