Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesday

Hey everybody. Welcome. I'm pretty excited about this new blog. I thought about doing this a while ago, but had been putting it off until I was home or something. Turns out I had enough time to do it at work this morning. The nice thing about using a blog - I get to leave large text entries to talk about what's going on - even if we don't have pictures or video. But I can also link directly to my channel on youtube and our photostream on flickr. Since we use flickr as a back-up mechanism for all of our photos (we pay for unlimited storage, $25 per year) it makes tying everything together easier without having to post pictures to flickr and somewhere else.

So in our setting I was able to select 10 (yes, sadly only 10) folks to get emailed whenever we post. Here's who i picked (no preferences indicated, just wanted to pick those I cc: the most!)

  • Mom
  • Dad
  • Jenn
  • Joke
  • Merel
  • Laura
  • Angela
  • Cathy
  • Lois
  • Sheila and Roger

If any of you listed would prefer NOT to recieve an email when we post, just let me know and I'll switch you out. For anybody else, I'm working on adding a link that will allow you to subscribe for the same net effect.

The other really cool thing about using a blog, is that I can email posts to it without having to be at my computer. So if I snap a picture on my cellphone or just share something really exciting or funny that just happened, I can send in a post directly from my cellphone! Pretty cool!

No comments: