Friday, May 16, 2008

Farewell Announcement

So I hate farewell announcements, getting them, sending them just everything about them. So it is with real mixed emotion that I send this out to all of you

It was June 10th 1998 (!) that I walked in the doors over at DC1 on my first day here. I was 24. I didnt have any wrinkles or cellulite (yet.) I was so nervous I actually threw up on my way to work. (Its a funny story, feel free to ask me some time.) I had just left my first real job at Urban Outfitters, and felt like I had really made the big-time with my new job as a technical designer at Express

Since then:

I have had 4 different jobs.

I have worked in 9 different offices, including 4 DCs and 5 NYC offices.

I have moved 6 times.

I have had 9 different bosses.

I have lived through at least 10 re-organizations.

I learned what a database is.

I survived 26 phases of 9 different projects.

My ability to type increased to around 70 wpm, despite the fact that I never took typing. J

I bought my first house.

I met my husband.

The world changed when our daughter Luna arrived 8/7/2007.

And of course, I made countless friends and precious memories.

Isnt that sweet. (I know gag.) But really, I never would have imagined on that day in 1998, that my life would be what it is today. There have been days here in the office where I was frustrated and felt stinted and looked back on all this time and felt like I had given away the best years of my life. But those were momentary lapses in perspective. Now, with Bas and Luna, I have just begun the best years of my life, and I look forward to our future together.

Which brings me back to my point as many of you know Bas has accepted a position with Adidas in Germany. His first day will be June 1st. Since I am rolling off the project, we made the decision that I will be staying home with Luna after he leaves, which makes my last day 5/30. Once we sell the house (wish us luck) Luna and I will join him in Germany. I am so excited both to be home with Luna and to experience Europe again. Not to mention, our family will no longer be split up 4 days a week!! I will eventually re-join the work force in some capacity, but plan to find a way to free-lance from home. Ill figure that out later for now Im excited to enjoy my time with Luna (and hopefully not rip my hair out!!) I will miss all of you, so

Please keep in touch!

Sincerely,

~K

No comments: