Monday, October 18, 2010

Sewing Projects...


A week or so ago, I got a bit inspired and decided to sew some clothes for Luna.  Partially because I couldn't find the kinds of things that I wanted to get for Luna at a decent price, and partially because I just got the creative bug.  When it comes to sewing over here, I haven't done very much, because I haven't liked the fabrics I can find, and I figured using German patterns would be a hassle. But when I went to Karstadt recently I noticed that they had greatly improved their fabric selection, which got the creative juices flowing, and it kind of reminded me that I know how to make my own patterns, and that I've really got no excuses...

This is from about 6 Euros worth of lace I splurged on.  It's a nude color, and the intention is to dress it down with a denim shirt or something.  She's wearing this in the portraits I posted recently.  She loves it!


This one looks really bright with the flash, but it's a pretty standard navy and green tartan.  This one was 3.25 Euros worth of fabric!  And she likes this one, too! "I can dance in it!" she says as she twirls...


This one is made from the leftover yardage of the Ikea drapes we have in our bedroom.  So it only cost about 3 Euros for the satin binding.  And I didn't feel like figuring out a closure, so I just did a self-tying, bound keyhole opening at the back-neck.  Super easy!  Love the bubble bottom...


And the last one is a bubble skirt I made with fabric leftover from the living-room couch pillows I made.  Looks a little odd in the picture because of the angle, but it's super cute on.  Put elastic in the back waistband, so also no closure!  Although it did make the back lining shape a little challenging!  The waistband length was quite a bit longer than the back sweep because of course it was lengthened to gather for the elastic - and I kept second guessing myself becaue the pattern peice looked upside down, eventhough I knew it was right...  guess that's how long it's been!


Am also planning a grey, apron-front pinafore, with a gathered skirt, but had to stop because I needed to get cracking on her "Lady Bug Princess" costume... almost finished, stay posted!

1 comment:

John and Laura said...

You are so talented. I bet Luna just loves all the twirly skirts.