Thursday, October 14, 2010

Easy and Super Yummy Meatloaf

OK - I must confess, I'm posting this for myself.  I tend to use the recipes posted on here kind of as a recipe box, so by posting it here, I know I can always find it!  The last few weeks we've been having meat loaf once a week (poor Bas - actually, I think he likes it) and I've been trying different things. Last night I made one that stood out - but since it's a combination of various recipes I've found I wanted to write it down somewhere!

It's super cheap, easy and quick.  Usually I have everything I need for it, and just have to make sure I pick up the ground beef and soup mix at the beginning of the week.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
2 eggs
2/3 cup breadcrumbs or crushed salty crackers
1/2 cup milk
3 small or 1 very large chopped onion
1/2 tsp each or less - salt and pepper
1/4 tsp rubbed sage
1 packet dried onion soup mix
1/4 cup ketchup
1-2 tbsp. dijon mustard with unmilled seeds - or whatever you've got, most recipes just use regular mustard
1 tbsp prepared mustard
2-3 tbsp brown sugar
2-3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
butter, Pam or shortening to grease pan with

Preheat oven to 350.  Beat eggs in a medium to large bowl, add onion, milk, crumbs, soup mix, salt, pepper and sage.  Crumble beef  into bowl and mix well.  Shape into loaf and pack into a greased loaf pan.

Combine ketchup, mustards, worcestershire sauce and brown sugar and mix well.  Pour over meat loaf directly in pan.  Place in oven and bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until done to your likeness.

No comments: