Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Morning Bath (or What Happens When a Bottle of Shampoo Gets Left on the Edge of the Bath...)

So our regular bathtime routine involves me sticking Luna in the bath while I'm in the shower, and then letting her play there, after I get out, while I get ready.  I always stay close, and if she gets too quiet I check on her very quickly.  But this morning I could hear her happily playing as I got dressed, and so I started in on laundry and cleaning up a bit upstairs.  After a while I thought - she is suspiciously content in her bath today!  So I walked in and just about fell on the floor.


Not only had Luna initiated her own bubble bath, using a bottle of shampoo that got left on the edge of the tub... she had used the WHOLE bottle of shampoo.


There's only about 5 or 6 inches of water in this tub - the rest is ALL bubbles!





Needless to say, it took me a while to get this under control!  First I had to remove her, bubbles and all, for an emergency trip to the toilet, then I tried getting her rinsed off by pouring water over her head (which she hates) only to realize after getting her out of the tub, that there was still loads of shampoo in her hair.  SO back in she went, as I tried to drain the tub to get all the bubbles out, and then re-filled it to get her hair a proper rinse.  My 5 minutes of peaceful clean-up time ended up costing me about an extra half hour finishing up the bath!  And I just touched her hair, which is now dry - and it's still loaded with soap!

But considering the picture above - totally worth it!

1 comment:

John and Laura said...

I love that last picture. She is so stinkin' precious.