Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Mutterpass!

I realized that although I've posted some belly pics - I haven;t shared anything about what the pregnancy experience is like here in Germany... so here's a bit about my Mutterpass!

A Mutterpass is kind of like a "health record passport."  And it has all your key info, so that as you go from care provider to care provider all of your relevant info is readily available.  I was told that I need to carry it with me at all times, and I know that women who have traveled in their third trimester have been expected to produce it for the airline representative!


Since your Gyn/Ob is not the same person that actually delivers your baby, they need all of the relative info to be quickly available should you have to deliver somewhere unexpected.  And here we will have a midwife at the hospital, where there will also be a doctor on call.  Then we ALSO have a "Hebamme" who is available to help before the birth, and will also come to our house after the birth to assist with breast feeding, etc.  (More on that later...)




No comments: