Thursday, June 2, 2011

Around Noord Holland

The day after Ard's wedding we decided to take the opportunity to tool around Noord Holland, while Luna was still with Oma and Opa.  It was fun, and all so close and easy to hop in the car and head off to a new spot!

First we headed up and across the Afsluitdijk, which closes off the Ijselmeer inlet from the ocean...






The clouds and light were so gorgeous, of course the pictures don't even come close to doing it justice.


Midway turnaround...


Some folks were doing it by bike...


That's me, the idea was to give you an idea of how windy it was!  Don't my yellow Crocs look like wooden shoes?  They were perfect for this weather!



Some of the leaning old buildings in Hoorn...




The old weigh-house, I believe...




The harbor...




An old defense tower which is now a restaurant...











We stopped in Medemblik to have lunch... this is where we ate.






Then down to Edam to pick up some cheese...










Then the battery in my camera died, so I couldn't get any more pictures!  We went on from Edam to Marken, which was adorable, too (despite how touristy it was, although there weren't many people there this time of years.) So I guess we'll just have to go back with Luna in order to get pictures!!  I'm sure we'll have the chance!

No comments: