Monday, November 30, 2009

Our lovely antique rocking chair...

So I went downstairs today to change the laundry over, and while I was down there I heard Luna start howling. After a couple minutes, I finally decided that it wasn't just normal howling, and ran upstairs. Here is what I found... Luna with her head stuck in the rungs of the cute, little, child's, antique rocking chair that I bought years ago...


And yes, wonderful Mother that I am, I stopped to take a picture for posterity... I tried for a couple minutes to get her head out, but it was full well and stuck. So I finally decided that she was going to have to be cut out (how does that work? I mean, if she can get it in, how come we can't get it out?) so I went down to the basement to see if I could find our hack-saw, but I couldn't find it (I was in a bit of a panic!) So I finally went next door to our neighbors, and she called the police, who sent the local EMTs over, who then cut her out. Poor little Luna was in a total panic, I felt terrible! She's still talking about it... "Lady cut it!" she says...




2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my HEAVENS! Poor Luna, poor you. What a story....I'm kinda glad you got pictures too. :)

Katie said...

Isn't it awful that I stopped to take a picture?