Monday, February 2, 2009

A little note about doing laundry in Germany...

The washing machines here are very different - they don't use hot water straight out of the tap, but rather fill up with cold water, and then heat during the cycle. Consequently, they take MUCH longer.

Try as I might, but I can't quite get the timing down - so just to give you a feel for how long it takes... this morning I put a load in before I left the house to run errands. I went to Netto to get a sit-up machine (trying to tone my tummy!), then drove to Herzo and went tanning. After tanning I returned a video and then went to the grocery store for food for today and tomorrow. When I got home I emptied the car and changed Luna's diaper. The we went downstrairs to do laundry (she loves that!) and low and behold... there were still 25 whole minutes left on the washer! Can you believe it? Thank goodness I only have to do 6 loads a week!

1 comment:

Linda said...

LOVE THIS BACKGROUND!